- Believe that God loves you and wants to have a relationship with you.
- Admit that every human, including you, is a sinner who needs God’s salvation.
- Believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died for our sins.
- Repent of your sins and accept Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior, meaning you will begin to follow Him as the Master over your decisions and actions.
- Pray and confess the following from your heart:
I thank you for loving me.
I admit that I am a sinner.
I am truly sorry for living my life without you.
With your help, I turn away from my past today.
I believe in Jesus Christ as your Son, who died for my sins.
I invite Jesus to be the Lord of my life.
Help me to remain in relationship with you forever.
In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!
Congratulations on beginning the Christian journey! The Christian life is a life-long journey.
You now need to join a Bible-believing Christian church, read the Bible regularly and obey the Word of God, pray to God often, and share your new faith with others.
This guide is based on the following passages from the Holy Bible. Feel free and use them for further reading.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
For God so loved the world … that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Romans 3:23 (NLT)
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
Romans 6:23 (NLT)
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:9-10 (NLT)
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.