Why become a Christian?
- All your sins will be forgiven and you will become a new creation in your spirit.
- You will have eternal life, meaning you will remain with God forever, even after death.
- You will become a child of God.
How do I become a Christian?
- Believe that God loves you and wants to have a relationship with you.
- Admit that every human, including you, is a sinner who needs God’s salvation.
- Believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died for our sins.
- Repent of your sins and accept Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior, meaning you will begin to follow Him as the Master over your decisions and actions.
- Pray and confess the following from your heart:
I thank you for loving me.
I admit that I am a sinner.
I am truly sorry for living my life without you.
With your help, I turn away from my past today.
I believe in Jesus Christ as your Son, who died for my sins.
I invite Jesus to be the Lord of my life.
Help me to remain in relationship with you forever.
In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!
Congratulations on beginning the Christian journey! The Christian life is a life-long journey.
You now need to join a Bible-believing Christian church, read the Bible regularly and obey the Word of God, pray to God often, and share your new faith with others.